Call us to schedule a FREE in home trial and get your valuable INFO PACK at
1 (888) 605 0174
Stairlift General Information
About our stair lifts:
- A Florida stair lift or chairlift is a chair that travels along a rail close to the edge of the stairs.
- The rail is attached to a few stair treads, not the wall.
- Professional Installation takes about four hours.
- The chairlift is powered by batteries which recharge automatically when not in use.
- The charger is plugged into a regular outlet.
- At the top of the stairs the chair swivels to face safely onto the top landing.
- Weight limit: 350 lbs (straight stairs); 265 lbs (stairs that turn); upto 350 lbs (outdoors).
About the staircase:
- Minimum: three steps.
- Maximum: no maximum number of steps for models that go around corners.
- Minimum width: straight stairs - 26", stairs that turn - 29".
- Construction: wood, metal, stone, concrete. Carpet is no problem.
- Doors at the top or bottom are usually OK.
- Handrails usually get relocated but can often be left if desired.
- The outlet should ideally be within 10' of top or bottom of stairs, on the same side of the stairs as the stairlift.
About the user:
- Most of our customers get a Florida Stairlift so they can stay in their own home.
- They can usually walk on flat ground but find stairs difficult.
- Wheelchair-users can use a stair lift if they can transfer from one chair to another.
- The user (or helper) pushes a button to make the chair go - it's designed for arthritic hands.
- A key prevents unauthorized use.
About Florida Stairlifts, Inc:
- Family business with family members involved with designing, installing lifting equipment since 1985.
- Coordinates with hospital and rehab center Discharge planners, Case Managers and therapists for safe, economical home modifications to maintain personal independence.
- Is a representative on the ASME A18.1 standards committee for the past 11 years, writing the American standards for stairlifts and vertical lifting platforms.
- Give back to the community through stairlift donations to worthy causes in Florida.
- We choose to sell only the safest and most reliable stairlifts on the market today. This is one of the reasons we offer MediTek Stairlifts and Stannah Stairlifts, the world's leading stairlift manufacturer.
- We sell our stair lifts including expert installation by our own experienced technicians.
- We have a reputation for good engineering and excellent customer-service.
- We have a stairlift suitable for almost everyone.
- Stairlift price depends on shape and length of stairs.
- For exact pricing call us at 1 888 605 0174 or email email@example.com , and we'll provide a FREE quotation for your specific needs.
Feel free to visit our other websites:
If you are not in our service area, we recommend these trusted partners: